[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - Re: Using sockets from JBoss AS?

Ron Sigal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 14 17:32:32 EST 2010

Ron Sigal [http://community.jboss.org/people/ron.sigal%40jboss.com] created the discussion

"Re: Using sockets from JBoss AS?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/576008#576008

Hi Matthew,

I'm not sure I understand the question "is it possible to use JBoss Remoting with sockets from within JBoss AS".  But I'll try to answer anyway.  When you  wrote your standalone application, you created a Remoting server by creating an org.jboss.remoting.transport.Connector, right?  Well, you can do the same thing by configuring the Connector declaratively in a file in $JBOSS_HOME/server/$CONFIG/deploy.  The nature of your file will depend on the version of AS you are using.

I'm not aware of any socket blocking.

Hope that helps.  Am I close?

-Ron

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]