[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: JBPM 3, 4 or 5?

Kris Verlaenen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 15 10:58:24 EST 2010

Kris Verlaenen [http://community.jboss.org/people/KrisVerlaenen] created the discussion

"Re: JBPM 3, 4 or 5?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/576180#576180

jBPM3 is stable and currently is supported (and will be supported for quite a few more years). For new projects, I would recommend trying to migrate to jBPM5.  I've just put out jBPM-5.0-CR1 and we should have a final release in a few weeks time, so I don't think you should be afraid of jBPM5 not being finished yet.  It will be productized in 2011.

Regarding migration, we're working on a project that would allow you to transform your existing jPDL processes into BPMN2 processes so they can be migrated to the jBPM5 engine.  More info here:  http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-15974 http://community.jboss.org/wiki/jBPM5migrationtoolproject