[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: JBPM 3, 4 or 5?

Justin Lee do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 15 14:29:53 EST 2010

Justin Lee [http://community.jboss.org/people/justin.l] created the discussion

"Re: JBPM 3, 4 or 5?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/576236#576236

Hi

We are using jBPM4.2 workflow engine for all of our clients and decided to migrate to jBPM5.0. Also decided to get the commercial paid support from JBoss/Red Hat for 5.0. But as per Bernd Ruecker statment

"jBPM 5 is not yet ready and not yet that stable, so there is a risk that you may run into bugs or trouble.
Support should be there, but only in some months (or years?) in future."

Is it true that jBPM 5 will be supported for only few months?
Are there any plans from jBoss/Red Hat to provide commercial paid support?
Also are there any risks involed in migrating from 4.2 to 5.0?

Please guide us.
Thanks!