[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - JBoss AS 4.2 Server Adapter

mdrg mdrg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Dec 19 10:35:26 EST 2010

mdrg mdrg [http://community.jboss.org/people/mdrg] created the discussion

"JBoss AS 4.2 Server Adapter"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/576737#576737

Hello,

I'm developing a project for some time, and now I grew tired of lengthy deployments every time I do some change. I tried to use JBoss Tools before, but I had no success in a short timeframe, so I gave up, but now I'm decided to make it work, and use exploded/incremental deployment. As I read, Archiver could do the job, but it requires a lot of configs, so I prefer something more automated, like the server adapers, which are recommended. I want the 4.2 server adapter, as I can only choose between 4.0 and 4.2 in our host provider.

I was using Eclipse 3.6, but I see the compatible release is still beta, so I downloaded Eclipse 3.5 and the latest GA Tools (JBoss AS Tools 2.1.1.v201006011046R only, as I need none of the other tools). I put the feateres and plugins files in place, but the server adapters didn't show up. I used the update site to install all Eclipse dev tools from WTP 3.1.2, but still nothing.

I feel bad for asking for such simple question, but the server adapters simply do not show up (I only have 'JBoss' adapters, not 'JBoss Community').
What am I missing to get started on this?

Any help is welcome!
Thanks!