[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: More JBoss-AS 5 clusters and more Apache Virtual Hosts

Willem Noorduin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 24 05:30:52 EST 2010

Willem Noorduin [http://community.jboss.org/people/willemnoorduin] created the discussion

"Re: More JBoss-AS 5 clusters and more Apache Virtual Hosts"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/577472#577472

* The jvmRoute is set via an environment variable jboss.jvmRoute, which is set in our startscript to be the hostename of the server. Since these are different, the appserver1 entry in jvmRoute is a typo (I had to edit company stuff out). In our production test case, the jvmRoutes are different

* We are indeed using ports-default and ports-01 (ports-02, ports-03, etc) settings when starting up the JBoss-AS instances, so that you have  http://appserver1:8080 http://appserver1:8080 and  http://appserver2:8180 http://appserver2:8180 available

The resaon we cannot use virtual nics is that we don't have that many IP's available (the 192.68.x.y is of course an example here, in real life we have to use routable IP-addresses). Questions are thus:

1. Have you tried to make the configuration work (or not work) with the ports-?? options from JBoss, or just with each cluster it's own IP-address ?

2. Is it possible to make a configuration we are using to work ? I find it strange if it's not, bacause the whole mod_cluster / JBoss ports mechanism is designed in the first place to make this easier.

3. Is there any other documentation available (other than getting the minimal-configuratiun to work) ?