[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jBPM5 demo issues with Eclipse

Vikram Narayan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Dec 25 18:11:39 EST 2010

Vikram Narayan [http://community.jboss.org/people/vikedvik] created the discussion

"jBPM5 demo issues with Eclipse"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/577525#577525

I've been playing with the jBPM5 CR1 demo and I seem to having some issues with the Eclipse tooling. When I import the sample project, the jBPM library does not load with it resulting in several compilation errors. This leads me to my first question. Does the jBPM5 runtime get installed into eclipse when you run install.demo?

After I add the jBPM5 runtime manually to Eclipse and apply it to the project I get the following error when I run the ProcessTest program:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.drools.common.InternalRuleBase.getRootClassLoader()Lorg/drools/util/CompositeClassLoader;
at org.jbpm.process.instance.ProcessRuntimeImpl.getRootClassLoader(ProcessRuntimeImpl.java:101)
at org.jbpm.process.instance.ProcessRuntimeImpl.<init>(ProcessRuntimeImpl.java:58)
at org.jbpm.process.instance.ProcessRuntimeFactoryServiceImpl.newProcessRuntime(ProcessRuntimeFactoryServiceImpl.java:10)
at org.jbpm.process.instance.ProcessRuntimeFactoryServiceImpl.newProcessRuntime(ProcessRuntimeFactoryServiceImpl.java:6)
at org.drools.runtime.process.ProcessRuntimeFactory.newProcessRuntime(ProcessRuntimeFactory.java:12)
at org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.createProcessRuntime(AbstractWorkingMemory.java:389)
at org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.setKnowledgeRuntime(AbstractWorkingMemory.java:1774)
at org.drools.impl.StatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl.<init>(StatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl.java:115)
at org.drools.impl.StatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl.<init>(StatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl.java:108)
at org.drools.reteoo.ReteooRuleBase.newStatefulSession(ReteooRuleBase.java:391)
at org.drools.reteoo.ReteooRuleBase.newStatefulSession(ReteooRuleBase.java:371)
at org.drools.impl.KnowledgeBaseImpl.newStatefulKnowledgeSession(KnowledgeBaseImpl.java:169)
at com.sample.ProcessTest.createSession(ProcessTest.java:65)
at com.sample.ProcessTest.main(ProcessTest.java:37)

Looking at my jBPM5 library all the required jars are there so it's strange that I would be getting this error.