[jboss-user] [Javassist] New message: "lacking adequate features - addcatch, insertAfter(...,true); "

Arvind K do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 1 01:44:56 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "lacking adequate features - addcatch, insertAfter(...,true);":

http://community.jboss.org/message/523245#523245

Author  : Arvind K
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/megalodon

Message:
Hello All,

As far as my understanding goes, the 'catch'  and 'finally' clauses are there to clean up and close internally allocated resources. To do that, one needs, among other things, unrestricted access to local variables in order to flush/close streams etc.,. In this case, why do the addCatch() and insertAfter(...,true) functions not allow access to any local variables including the ones created using Javassist? What can I do with just the $e variable?

If I am not mistaken, BCEL, does not place any such restriction with respect to local variable access unlike Javassist.

Please guide me with comments/suggestions/alternatives etc....Thanking you in advance.

-Arvind