[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: JBPM4.3 should be JBPM5.0"

christian garderes do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 1 07:27:42 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "JBPM4.3 should be JBPM5.0":

http://community.jboss.org/message/523333#523333

Author  : christian garderes
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/chrigar

Message:

Yes i know that the question of jpa/support was evocated then abandoned for the new 4.x architecture.
I was already disapointed at that time... ;-(

Nonetheless, until 4.3, we were able to inject the underlying hibernate session factory in jbpm classes

In 3.x we used this kind of adaptator:

public class AdaptedJbpmFactoryBean extends LocalJbpmConfigurationFactoryBean {
 @PersistenceContext
 private EntityManager em;
 public void afterPropertiesSet() throws Exception {
  try {
   Session session = (Session) em.getDelegate();
   setSessionFactory(session.getSessionFactory());
   super.afterPropertiesSet();
  } catch (Exception e) {}
 }

In 4.1-2 we rely on:

/** */
public class SpringJpaConfiguration extends SpringConfiguration {
 /** */
 @PersistenceContext
 private EntityManager em;
 /** */
 public SpringJpaConfiguration(String jbpmConfigurationLocation) {super(jbpmConfigurationLocation);}
 /** */
 public void initSessionFactory(){
  setHibernateSessionFactory(((Session) em.getDelegate()).getSessionFactory());
 }

the classes are loaded and initialized during ApplicationContext loading
Spring transaction management is used,

JBPM mapping files are loaded with an added xml persistence unit (jpa)

<?

xml version=+"1.0"+ encoding=+"UTF-8"+?><

persistence version=+"1.0"+
xmlns=+"http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"+ xmlns:xsi=+"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"+
xsi:schemaLocation=+"http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence+http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd"
++
++>

<!-- ###################### -->

<!-- # jbpm mapping files # -->

<!-- ###################### -->

<persistence-unit name=+"xxxx"+ transaction-type=+"RESOURCE_LOCAL"+>

<mapping-file>jbpm.execution.hbm.xml</mapping-file>

<mapping-file>jbpm.history.hbm.xml</mapping-file>

<mapping-file>jbpm.repository.hbm.xml</mapping-file>

<mapping-file>jbpm.task.hbm.xml</mapping-file>

<mapping-file>jbpm.identity.hbm.xml</mapping-file>

<exclude-unlisted-classes>true</exclude-unlisted-classes>

</persistence-unit></

persistence>

In 4.3, we can't find a way to do something similar in org.jbpm.api.ProcessEngine
jta should be a solution... but we are not working on a full jee stack,
so we have to make it by hand(?), indeed, if nothing else is found.