[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] New message: "Re: JBoss Tools Web Service Consumer"

Peter Johnson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 1 17:55:39 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "JBoss Tools Web Service Consumer":

http://community.jboss.org/message/523497#523497

Author  : Peter Johnson
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/peterj

Message:
I'm sorry, when I reread your post just now I noticed the word "client" in the first paragraph. What threw me off was your reference to a bean and wondering about session beans, so I thought you were talking about implementing a web service.

As to what Eclipse built for you as a web services client, I have no idea. What your client code gets back from JBoss AS when you look up a web service is a proxy that knows how to contact the actual web service when you call the exposed methods. The actual details on how this is done might even depend on the actual web service stack you are using (I'm more familiar with the native stack).