[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0 Development] New message: "Re: Externalizing Scope: Resolving EJB References and Endpoints"

Pete Muir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 2 12:21:54 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Externalizing Scope: Resolving EJB References and Endpoints":

http://community.jboss.org/message/523724#523724

Author  : Pete Muir
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/petemuir

Message:
BTW the reason we need to hold this reference beyond creation is to allow us to request the EJB is removed at a later date.

CDI can do this because it actively manages the lifecycle of a bean - for example a  session scoped bean has a well defined point at which it is destroyed (when the http session ends) - and needs to request that the EJB container removes the EJB.

As the session is a passivating scope, and can be replicated, we also need to hold this reference across passivation.