[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] New message: "how to change the input user name"

Janardan N do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 3 08:03:00 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "how to change the input user name":

http://community.jboss.org/message/523889#523889

Author  : Janardan N
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/njrfrens

Message:
Hi,

My users log in to the portal with user name as "<DOMAIN>\<username>".
>From this, i need to extract <username>.

I wrote a custom login module by extending SynchronizingLDAPExtLoginModule.
I overrided the method getUsernameAndPassword().
super.getUsernameAndPassword(), will return an array of username and password.

i am manipulating this <username> and am returning.

But this is not working properly...(not setting the principal in the session).

Any help will be highly grateful

Thanks and Regards,
Janardan