[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] New message: "Re: Page not found goes to JBoss Portal"

Kevin Johnson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 3 08:55:21 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Page not found goes to JBoss Portal":

http://community.jboss.org/message/523902#523902

Author  : Kevin Johnson
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/klj62

Message:
We already have a custom portal, and navigation to the default URI (something like http://server/portal) goes directly to our login screen.  But once logged in, entering an invalid URL in the browser's address line will forward to the JBoss Portal.  We want 404 errors to go to our custom portal's default page, not to JBoss.

Is it possible that something was not defined properly, and our portal isn't really the "default"?  I was not the initial developer, so I'm not sure what to check to verify it.  I do know that the method of redirecting to our login page is done by adding (or modifying) the login-config element to the jboss-portal.sar/portal-server.war/WEB-INF/web.xml.

Kevin