[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] New message: "Re: Page not found goes to JBoss Portal"

Kevin Johnson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 3 11:16:25 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Page not found goes to JBoss Portal":

http://community.jboss.org/message/523941#523941

Author  : Kevin Johnson
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/klj62

Message:
Thanks, Peter.  Your presentation looks extremely helpful, but it's very likely that our custom portal was originally done completely wrong -- I'm not sure there was any clear direction on how to do it when we started.  I hope it's not too much trouble to do it the right way.

Our portal definition is in its own EAR with the xxx-object.xml not named "default-object.xml".  Portlets are deployed within their own EAR or WAR files, allowing for third-party development of future portlets.  There are modifications, as mentioned previously, to the jboss-portal.sar/portal-server.war/WEB-INF/web.xml such as definitions of login-related servlets and the login form info.

This doesn't sound anything like what you describe in your presentation.

Kevin