[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: handling exceptions in AssignmentHandler"

Ronald van Kuijk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 3 13:58:33 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "handling exceptions in AssignmentHandler":

http://community.jboss.org/message/523984#523984

Author  : Ronald van Kuijk
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kukeltje

Message:
> How should I handle that exception in case of a first task in a process (the process has already started and it has a task with no actors to assign to)My first solution is to delete the whole process and inform an user that a process hasn't started. But maybe there's a better solution to this problem.
The process is only fully started when a first wait-state is encountered or if there is an async=true on the start state. In the first cases there is nothing to delete, the rollback of the transaction will take of this. In the latter, a rollback will have the jobscheduler try to do it again after some time, maybe the assignment works then.

> And what in case this happens not in a first task of a process? I cannot delete a process. (I hope that in case of exception token stays on a previous node but haven't checked it yet)
It does
> Does JBPM support going back to a previous node (i.e. when exception occures in node-enter event action)? Or maybe there's a better practice?

It does this automagically since the transaction is rolled back. But keep in mind that it rolls back to a previous stable state (might be more nodes back than one), depending on how you use async