[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: Exception handling in JBPM4"

Martin Porter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 4 07:12:52 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Exception handling in JBPM4":

http://community.jboss.org/message/524147#524147

Author  : Martin Porter
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jedizippy

Message:
Well the simple option is to use <custom> instead of <java> and then you have access to the process Exection context and you can then use the execution.take(transition-name) to define which transition should be taken on the error case and not throw it back to the BPM engine. We wrap this in a subprocess so the subprocess implements the business service (java code) and handles the error/retry/timeout and then the return from the subprocess defines which transition is taken in the parent process.

I am sure there are plenty of other ways however but this is working for us.

Regards
Martin