[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: Exception handling in JBPM4"

Flavio N. do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 4 07:36:02 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Exception handling in JBPM4":

http://community.jboss.org/message/524153#524153

Author  : Flavio N.
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/VegaMilano

Message:
> use <custom> instead of <java>

custom seems to do not support "var" argument, so where can I put the result value of the Java method?

> you have access to the process Exection context and you can then use the execution.take(transition-name) to define which transition should be taken on the error case

Conceptually I understand, but probably I am still not familiar with JBPM:
where exactly execution.take(transition-name) takes place? Is it Java code or what? If it should be placed in the Java method I call, it assumes I have to modify Java methods to handle errors in JBPM???
I supposed there was some code to put in jpdl.xml to perform this. If you can modify the simple code I posted to show me what you're talking about it could be great.

Thanks