[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] New message: "JBoss Tools Installation"

Marko Strukelj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 4 10:00:39 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "JBoss Tools Installation":

http://community.jboss.org/message/524181#524181

Author  : Marko Strukelj
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/mstruk

Message:
I tried installing JBoss Tools today, after not having touched Eclipse in a long time.

I followed the instructions at http://www.jboss.org/tools/download/update.html#fromzip.

I started with latest http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/downloads/release/galileo/SR1/eclipse-jee-galileo-SR1-win32.zip, added archive install of downloaded JBoss Tools zip file ...

It failed with BIRT dependencies issues. I added update locations for BIRT and m2eclipse. Started JBoss Tools install again. It failed again.

To get everything installed I had to do the following:

 - I added Tigris Subclipse update site: http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.6.x
 - Installed everything from there

Then I ran JBoss Tools archive install again, and only then it worked.

Might be worth adding Subclipse update location to the instructions, and mention that subclipse might have to be installed explicitly (somehow it didn't get automatically discovered for me).

Cheers,

- marko