[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: How to invoke applications in a task activity"

Sebastian Schneider do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 5 07:06:13 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "How to invoke applications in a task activity":

http://community.jboss.org/message/524357#524357

Author  : Sebastian Schneider
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/sebastian.s

Message:
You seem to have a lack of understanding how jBPM works. The process engine does not deal with the information supplied in the form-attribut at all. It just parses the information, stores it and makes it available. The task-form rendering is done by the BPM console. The console rertrieves this information and shows the matching form. The console knows which form to display because in this use case the file name of the form is supplied in the attribute I was talking of. So in your case it's up to you to use this information by writing your own application.

And yes: using JSPs in the console is not possible. Enabling this does not make much sense to me because even if you could forward the user to a JSP site on the web you don't have access to the process without extra work.