[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] New message: "Re: JBoss EAP 5 throws JasperException if started with JBoss Tools"

Jochen Riedlinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 8 10:49:00 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "JBoss EAP 5 throws JasperException if started with JBoss Tools":

http://community.jboss.org/message/524809#524809

Author  : Jochen Riedlinger
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/j_ri

Message:
Sorry, it was my fault.....

I just built a very simple example, but unfortunately this didn't show the same error.

Meanwhile, after debugging a lot I found out wht causes the issue. I configured an additonal configuration folder which shoul be in the classpath and configured it with "-C file:/%JBOSS_HOME%/server/production/custom_conf". This was in the startscript for the commandline and my old eclipse....but I forgot to copy it into the program-arguments field of my new eclipse....;-(

Actually this causes a feature request. I think it would be nice, if eclipse could be configured to use the scripts run.bat/run.sh to start JBoss so that one doesn't have to put in the same parameters at different places.

The issue with the console output is still there randomly. Sometimes logging just does not start. If it starts it logs fine.

Thanks
Jochen