[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] New message: "Re: Calling EJB from servlet - EJB's interface class not found"

Mike Johnson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 8 13:16:34 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Calling EJB from servlet - EJB's interface class not found":

http://community.jboss.org/message/524844#524844

Author  : Mike Johnson
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/micjohnson997

Message:
If anyone else encounters this, here's the deal -- Liferay's "speed filters" (which minify and compress output) plays havoc somehow with the classpath, so the servlets in our portlet WAR (which made calls to EJBs) did not have the correct classpath.  We haven't gone too in-depth to figure out how to really fix this so that the speed filters are still present, but to work around this, we just disabled the filters by adding the following line into the liferay-plugin-package.properties file:

speed-filters-enabled=false

Once the filters are disabled, everything works as expected.