[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] New message: "Re: Pluggable dependency resolver"

Kabir Khan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 8 13:30:08 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Pluggable dependency resolver":

http://community.jboss.org/message/524847#524847

Author  : Kabir Khan
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kabir.khan@jboss.com

Message:
I have got rid of the recursion, so the benchmark now passes with larger numbers. These are the figures:

**10,000 beans
*wrong order
-Legacy resolver: I gave up and stopped the test after 4 minutes
-Indexing resolver: 4655ms
*correct order
-Legacy resolver: 12937ms
-Indexing resolver: 2553ms

**3,000 beans
*wrong order
-Legacy resolver: 29201ms
-Indexing resolver: 1447ms
*correct order
-Legacy resolver: 2264ms
-Indexing resolver: 1173ms

Note that this is done on plain test controller contexts in the dependency project, so there should be no overhead associated with stuff happening in the ControllerContext actions such as accessing the MDR, instantiating the context etc.

Next, I'll try this revised version in AS to see if it has any influence on boot times.

What I have done breaks a few of the tests in the branch. I think they can be fixed easily, since they take into account the order that things reach the various states. For the record these tests are:

KernelAllTestSuite
All Tests
Kernel Tests
Dependency Tests
org.jboss.test.kernel.dependency.test.PlainLifecycleDependencyTestCase
testPlainLifecycleDependencyWrongOrder(org.jboss.test.kernel.dependency.test.PlainLifecycleDependencyTestCase)
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<2> but was:<3>
 at junit.framework.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:277)
 at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:64)
 at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:195)
 at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:201)
 at org.jboss.test.kernel.dependency.test.PlainLifecycleDependencyTestCase.testPlainLifecycleDependencyWrongOrder(PlainLifecycleDependencyTestCase.java:98)

testPlainLifecycleDependencyReinstall(org.jboss.test.kernel.dependency.test.PlainLifecycleDependencyTestCase)
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<10> but was:<11>
 at junit.framework.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:277)
 at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:64)
 at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:195)
 at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:201)
 at org.jboss.test.kernel.dependency.test.PlainLifecycleDependencyTestCase.testPlainLifecycleDependencyReinstall(PlainLifecycleDependencyTestCase.java:141)

org.jboss.test.kernel.dependency.test.PlainLifecycleDependencyXMLTestCase
testPlainLifecycleDependencyWrongOrder(org.jboss.test.kernel.dependency.test.PlainLifecycleDependencyXMLTestCase)
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<2> but was:<3>
 at junit.framework.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:277)
 at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:64)
 at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:195)
 at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:201)
 at org.jboss.test.kernel.dependency.test.PlainLifecycleDependencyTestCase.testPlainLifecycleDependencyWrongOrder(PlainLifecycleDependencyTestCase.java:98)

testPlainLifecycleDependencyReinstall(org.jboss.test.kernel.dependency.test.PlainLifecycleDependencyXMLTestCase)
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<10> but was:<11>
 at junit.framework.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:277)
 at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:64)
 at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:195)
 at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:201)
 at org.jboss.test.kernel.dependency.test.PlainLifecycleDependencyTestCase.testPlainLifecycleDependencyReinstall(PlainLifecycleDependencyTestCase.java:141)

org.jboss.test.kernel.dependency.test.PlainLifecycleDependencyAnnotationTestCase
testPlainLifecycleDependencyWrongOrder(org.jboss.test.kernel.dependency.test.PlainLifecycleDependencyAnnotationTestCase)
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<2> but was:<3>
 at junit.framework.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:277)
 at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:64)
 at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:195)
 at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:201)
 at org.jboss.test.kernel.dependency.test.PlainLifecycleDependencyTestCase.testPlainLifecycleDependencyWrongOrder(PlainLifecycleDependencyTestCase.java:98)

testPlainLifecycleDependencyReinstall(org.jboss.test.kernel.dependency.test.PlainLifecycleDependencyAnnotationTestCase)