[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] New message: "Re: Pluggable dependency resolver"

Kabir Khan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 8 14:40:37 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Pluggable dependency resolver":

http://community.jboss.org/message/524862#524862

Author  : Kabir Khan
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kabir.khan@jboss.com

Message:
I mean this:

*public* *void* testPlainLifecycleDependencyWrongOrder() *throws* Throwable
   {
      plainLifecycleDependencyWrongOrder();

      ControllerContext context2 = assertInstall(1, "Name2", ControllerState.+CONFIGURED+);
      ControllerContext context1 = assertInstall(0, "Name1");
+assertEquals+(ControllerState.+INSTALLED+, context2.getState());

SimpleBeanWithLifecycle bean1 = (SimpleBeanWithLifecycle) context1.getTarget();
+assertNotNull+(bean1);

SimpleBeanWithLifecycle bean2 = (SimpleBeanWithLifecycle) context2.getTarget();
+assertNotNull+(bean2);

+assertEquals+(1, bean1.createOrder);
+assertEquals+(2, bean2.createOrder);
+assertEquals+(3, bean1.startOrder);
+assertEquals+(4, bean2.startOrder);
   }

The new resolver works with
+assertEquals+(1, bean1.createOrder);
+assertEquals+(2, bean1.startOrder);
+assertEquals+(3, bean2.createOrder);
+assertEquals+(4, bean2.startOrder);

The actual hardcoded orders of beans 1 and 2 is an implemetation detail as I see it. The real check is making sure that the initial install of context 2 does not go beyond CONFIGURED and:
bean1.startOrder > bean1.createOrder
bean2.startOrder > bean2.createOrder
bean2.createOrder > bean1.createOrder
bean2.startOrder > bean1.startOrder

I've got an infinite loop in the indexing resolver when I start up AS which I need to fix before I can get any measurements of boot time, although it sounds like we won't gain much from this.