[jboss-user] [jBPM Development] New message: "No public metadata API?"

Bill Burke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 8 18:46:32 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "No public metadata API?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/524911#524911

Author  : Bill Burke
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/bill.burke@jboss.com

Message:
I'm prototyping a new REST interface for jbpm for the REST-* effort.  One thing I've noticed is that there seems to be no public API to get information about a process definition or instance.

For example, I'd like to be able to know the current state of an execution, and what outgoing transitions are able to be executed.  I figured out how to get this information at runtime, but it seems to be an "internal" api (its in a *.internal.* package).

I also wanted to generate an XML document from a ProcessDefinition, but again, all metadata seems to be *very* hidden.  I had to really dive into the internals of jbpm to be able to get this information.

Maybe I'm just missing something?

Thanks.