[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Adding comments to an execution?"

Hong Vo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 9 09:17:33 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Adding comments to an execution?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/525079#525079

Author  : Hong Vo
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/HongVo

Message:
Hi all,

I'm a newbie to jBPM, hope someone can help me here

I'm currently using jBPM 4.3. I'm trying to add comments to a process instance/execution, but I just can't make it work.
The API description for *HistoryComment* states the following:

"a free text comment that can be made to an http://docs.jboss.com/jbpm/v4/javadocs/org/jbpm/api/Execution.html or a task".

I'm only able to find method for adding comments to a task through the taskService.addTaskComment(java.lang.String taskId,                java.lang.String message), but found none for relating comments to an execution/process instance itself.

Does anyone know how I can make this work? I see that the database table JBPM4_HIST_DETAIL contains references to process instance id, but I don't know how to set this.

Also, the user id is always null for all the comments. I noticed there are some jiras trying to fix this. Anyone who knows if there has been any progress with this issue?

Thanks in advance for all the help

Best regards,

Hong Vo