[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] New message: "Re: How to configure Oracle with my application in jboss 5.0"

Peter Johnson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 9 11:29:50 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "How to configure Oracle with my application in jboss 5.0":

http://community.jboss.org/message/525136#525136

Author  : Peter Johnson
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/peterj

Message:
First let me ask you this: do you want to completely replace Hypersonic with Oracle, or do you just want to use Oracle for your applications? (You do know that JBoss AS can run just fine using multiple databases, right?) Are you using messaging? If not, I would suggest leaving Hypersonic as it is and just adding an Oracle data source. In this case all you need to do is make sure that the <jndi-name> entry is not DefaultDS.

If you are using messaging and want messaging to use Oracle, then you should read:
http://community.jboss.org/thread/64688

Other than messaging there are a few other services that use Hypersonic, but those usually don't require extra effort to switch. And the errors that you are getting show that your messaging configuration is not correct.