[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] New message: "Re: Profiling the dependency project"

Kabir Khan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 10 06:52:30 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Profiling the dependency project":

http://community.jboss.org/message/525378#525378

Author  : Kabir Khan
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kabir.khan@jboss.com

Message:
I created a FastCopyOnWriteSet implementation, unfortunately its performance degrades a lot with performance as well:

prefill 0: 7634ms
prefill 10: 9127ms
prefill 100: 27898ms

I have attached the source, but I guess it is the copying upon modification that is the main overhead of the FCOWS and COWAS? Putting this into the contextsByState I see a slight worsening in performance.