[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] New message: "Re: JBoss EAP 5 throws JasperException if started with JBoss Tools"

Max Andersen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 10 08:36:44 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "JBoss EAP 5 throws JasperException if started with JBoss Tools":

http://community.jboss.org/message/525417#525417

Author  : Max Andersen
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/max.andersen@jboss.com

Message:
> Meanwhile, after debugging a lot I found out wht causes the issue. I configured an additonal configuration folder which shoul be in the classpath and configured it with "-C file:/%JBOSS_HOME%/server/production/custom_conf". This was in the startscript for the commandline and my old eclipse....but I forgot to copy it into the program-arguments field of my new eclipse....;-(
>

> Actually this causes a feature request. I think it would be nice, if eclipse could be configured to use the scripts run.bat/run.sh to start JBoss so that one doesn't have to put in the same parameters at different places.

You set the configuration on the server runtime and this is handled for you.

About run.bat/run.sh there are multiple issues concerning this, but please open jira request for it. It would most likely require a new server type which provides zero control vs the current configurable one.

> The issue with the console output is still there randomly. Sometimes logging just does not start. If it starts it logs fine.

I still would like you to report a jira on it. possibly record a screencast of it so we are aligned with what you are actually seeing ?

/max