[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "jBPM 4.3 - Process Instance Description"

Walter Seymore do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 10 10:27:07 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "jBPM 4.3 - Process Instance Description":

http://community.jboss.org/message/525464#525464

Author  : Walter Seymore
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/WalterJS

Message:
I'm trying to set a description on an execution so that I can distinguish between different instances of the same process. Instead of seeing 10 "Review" tasks for process "Holiday Approval" for instance, the reviewers need to see

Review | Holiday Request [01/01/2010 - Bob]
Review | Holiday Request [01/01/2010 - Dan]
Review | Holiday Request [01/01/2010 - Joy]

The name property on ExecutionImpl sounds like the right place to put this, the only thing is that name property does not exist on the history table for the exection, so this information is lost as soon as the execution is complete. The reason I need this is to be able to see past executions in the same "process report" table as current executions.

This must be a common requirement, so please let me know if I'm on the right track (with the name property) and if anybody has a solution for the "history instance descriptions".

Thanks
Walter
WikipediaWictionaryChambers (UK)Google imagesGoogle defineThe Free DictionaryJoin exampleWordNetGoogleUrban DictionaryAnswers.comrhymezone.comMerriam-Webster<>0

wvcidfjoguarm