[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] New message: "Re: Possible Memory Leak"

Peter Johnson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 10 11:39:17 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Possible Memory Leak":

http://community.jboss.org/message/525497#525497

Author  : Peter Johnson
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/peterj

Message:
Yourkit and JBuilder are Java debuggers. I wrote that you need to us a C/C++ debugger and debug the JVM itself. That is the only way you can track down a memory leak that is occurring somewhere other than in the heap or permgen.

Linux tends to use RAM only until the RAM usage is at a certain level, at which time it starts using the swap space. It will never use 100% of RAM (or at least ot should not be configured to) because it needs to keep some free room for loading in new apps. I do not know what configuration setting governs this, google might provide enlightenment.