[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] New message: "Re: Maven - WEB-INF/lib libraries"

German Escobar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 10 18:58:05 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Maven - WEB-INF/lib libraries":

http://community.jboss.org/message/525617#525617

Author  : German Escobar
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/germanescobar

Message:
I'm using JBoss 4.2.3.GA. Sorry, I missed something on my last post. As I removed the webappDirectory element from the POM, all the WebContent structure is being replicated to the folder "target/myproject-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT". So, I had to change the WTP assembly to point to that folder instead of WebContent. Why? Well, multiple reasons:

* I use Maven's resource filtering on some descriptors (i.e. web.xml and jboss-web.xml).
* The *WebContent*/WEB-INF/lib/ doesn't have the libraries anymore (which is a good thing).
* The "target/myproject-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT" folder has the libraries and the resources after being filtered.

So far so good. Now, when I change a file from WebContent (i.e. home.xhtml), it is not copied to the "target/myproject-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT" folder. The "Publishing to JBoss .." messages appears  but as the file hasn't change in "target/..." folder, there is nothing to copy to the JBoss deploy directory. So, I see no changes in my app.

Once I run "mvn package", the "Publishing to JBoss ..." message appears again but this time it is published correctly to the JBoss deploy folder (now it has change in the "target/..." folder!).

Hope it makes more sense.

BTW, as the WebContent folder is replicated, when I want to look for a resource, it appears duplicated; one for the WebContent folder and the other for the "target/myproject-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT" folder.