[jboss-user] [JCA Development] New message: "Re: About Project Plan & Implementation"

Vicky Kak do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 11 02:35:50 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "About Project Plan & Implementation":

http://community.jboss.org/message/525657#525657

Author  : Vicky Kak
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/vickyk

Message:
I understand that we eventually would be in a position where we can plugin the JBJCA in other environment, I am more inclined to get it in the Tomcat.
There are couple of ways which I can think to achieve this
1) Have the embeded tomcat started from the JBJCA and write a deployer which would deploy .war/.ear.
2) Embed the JBJCA in the Tomcat and implement the required deployers in Tomcat which will deploy the .rar.

In both the cases we have to integrate the deployers and provide the JCA infrastructure(pooling/tx/security)

I don't see just a JCA container which would purely have a capability to deploy the RAR being useful in enterprise application, you need to have the deployers for other artifacts too.

What is the plan here?