[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache] New message: "Re: Jboss cache 3.1 doesn't work in Websphere 7?"

xuetao niu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 11 10:41:49 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Jboss cache 3.1 doesn't work in Websphere 7?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/525798#525798

Author  : xuetao niu
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/niuxuetao_fiserv

Message:
I did some investigation myself, and found this:

com.ibm.ws.tx.jta.TranManagerSet does implement javax.transaction.Transaction manager as I inspected the class. The reason why it says "imcompatible" is because com.ibm.ws.tx.jta.TranManagerSet and javax.transaction.TransactionManager is loaded by different classloaders as I reflected them at runtime.

Websphere 7.0.0.7 on Linux has this problem, on Windows it doesn't have such problem at all. Does it mean Jboss cache 3.1, or the way of using Class.forName() (from line 169 to 199 of GenericTransactionManagerLookup class) to load detect the environment is not guaranteed to work?