[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] New message: "Re: How to configure Oracle with my application in jboss 5.0"

Peter Johnson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 11 11:44:01 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "How to configure Oracle with my application in jboss 5.0":

http://community.jboss.org/message/525815#525815

Author  : Peter Johnson
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/peterj

Message:
Wow, this seems to be going off in 100 different directions at once.

If you go back and read my prior post, I asked you to develop and deploy a simple servlet that accesses the database. It appears that you deployed your application. Please, let's work on one problem at a time. You stated that your database contains the login credentials, so let's get the database set up first. OK?

First, just because there were no errors with deploying orcacle-ds.xml and it showed up in the jmx console does not mean that the database is configured correctly. JBoss AS will not open any connections to the database until some code accesses it. Thus my request for a simple servlet that does just that. So I ask once again that you write a simple servlet to access the database and deploy and run that servlet. Do NOT deploy your application!