[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging Development] New message: "How can I use duplicate JNDI names for Queues?"

Kevin Halk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 11 12:10:55 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "How can I use duplicate JNDI names for Queues?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/525826#525826

Author  : Kevin Halk
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/khalk

Message:
Hi there,
This may seem like a stupid question but is there any way to specify duplicate JNDI names for Queues?

We require several separate EJBs to reference the same queue (A outputs to Q1, B reads Q1 etc..). I'd like to be able to have any number of these available at any time (i.e. both A and B might not necessarily be there).

This means that either one could be responsible for creating Q1.

I can specify the Queue to be created in A and B's deployment descriptors, however I get an error saying the JNDI name already exists when it tries to create the second time (obviously).  I would like the Queue to be created if it does not already exist - is there any way to accomplish this without an error?