[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] New message: "CXF authentication problems"

Nikola Iva�i� do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 11 15:41:41 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "CXF authentication problems":

http://community.jboss.org/message/525899#525899

Author  : Nikola Iva�i�
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/nikola.ivacic

Message:
I'm writing a WS application with CXF stack. The app uses asymmetric encryption and signing of SOAP body which is configured via
WS-Policy in jbossws-cxf.xml. All works fine (ws method invocation etc...) except I'm unable to get authenticated principal in webservice endpoint.
Niether the WebServiceContext.getPrincipal() nor SecurityAssociation.getCallerPrincipal() works.
The login module and security domain are correctly configured in jboss-web.xml, because I tested it on native stack prior to installing CXF. On native stack I got the authenticated username via SecurityAssociation.getCallerPrincipal().
Does CXF integrate diferently with JBossSX or did I miss something obvious?
I use latest 3.2.2 CXF release and JBoss 5.1.0 GA running all configuration.

Thanks for help.

Nikola