[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] New message: "LoginModule dependence on Datasource"

Geoffrey Ulman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 12 01:03:28 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "LoginModule dependence on Datasource":

http://community.jboss.org/message/525962#525962

Author  : Geoffrey Ulman
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/ulmangt

Message:
Is it possible to mark a JBoss LoginModule as being dependent on a Datasource? (so that the Datasource loads before anyone is allowed to authenticate using the LoginModule)

It seems like this would be necessary to use the provided org.jboss.security.auth.spi.DatabaseServerLoginModule. If not, what happens if something attempts to authenticate before the Datasource is bound to a JNDI name?

I'm currently experiencing the above problem in the following situation: I have a custom LoginModule very similar to DatabaseServerLoginModule. I'm using HornetQ 2.0.0.GA (with JBoss 5.1.0.GA). I'm testing HornetQ's automatic reconnection, so I make a JMS connection (which authenticates through my LoginModule), then I bring down the server and start it up again. Upon starting it the second time, the JMS test application tries to reauthenticate before the Datasource is bound to a JNDI name and my LoginModule fails.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Geoff