[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services Development] New message: "Re: Parallel invocations of JaxWS services and getPort"

Alessio Soldano do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 15 04:48:56 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Parallel invocations of JaxWS services and getPort":

http://community.jboss.org/message/526280#526280

Author  : Alessio Soldano
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/alessio.soldano@jboss.com

Message:
Please see my comment on https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBWS-2324 . Starting from JBWS Native 3.2.0, the Service should be thread safe. The proxy is still not thread safe and the jaxws spec does not requires it to be thread safe. This said:
- threre's been some discussion about this with Darran in the past and we might even think about working on this to make the port/proxy thread safe under some given assumptions (but this work does not have high priority)
- I'd need to re-read your post Andrew to see if this might fit your usecase (perhaps it does not provide a good solution in terms of perf there), but I know support is suggesting users to create pools of proxies to be accessed by consumers threads. That should work with the current implementation; if that's not the case, we have a bug which need to be raised and fixed.