[jboss-user] [JCA] New message: "How to reference an embedded JCA resource adapater"

C G do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 16 11:54:00 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "How to reference an embedded JCA resource adapater":

http://community.jboss.org/message/526599#526599

Author  : C G
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/cgrf

Message:
For our current J2EE project based on JBoss, we need to interface with a remote system using message driven beans and a JCA resource adapter provided as a RAR file by a third party. I would like to package and deploy the entire project as an EAR file to our JBoss server. Most notably, the RAR file should be embedded within the EAR file and not be deployed globally.
All of this is working fine so far, but I'm not particularly happy with the way the RAR file is referenced. The jboss.xml packaged with the MDB for example, currently looks like this:

<jboss>
   <enterprise-beans>
      <message-driven>
         <ejb-name>testBean1</ejb-name>
         <resource-adapter-name>test1.ear#thirdparty-1.0.rar</resource-adapter-name>
      </message-driven>
   </enterprise-beans>
</jboss>

While this is generally working fine, it will break when the EAR file is renamed to "test2.ear". Is there a way to reference the embedded RAR file without hard-coding the containing archive's name?

Thanks in advance!