[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Finding current process instanceid from within jpdl"

apurv agnihotri do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 18 10:49:22 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Finding current process instanceid from within jpdl":

http://community.jboss.org/message/527034#527034

Author  : apurv agnihotri
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/apurv888

Message:
Hi All,

I have a requirement wherein if some conditions are not satisfied i need to send the current process instance id to a java method(using java activity) which maintains all such process instance ids and waits for an event to occur .As and when that event occurs i want the execution to restart for all such waiting process instance id.

I understand that I can set the variable as following

+ProcessInstance processInstance = executionService.startProcessInstanceByKey("instancename",variables);
        executionService.setVariable(processInstance.getId(), "xxx", processInstance.getId());+

+but i need to set the "xxx" variable before i start the process instance(but  at that time no pid is available ,as process is yet to start)+

+*Is there any way that i can get the current process instance id in the jpdl.xml itself during runtime?*+

TIA,
Aurv