[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] New message: "Re: JBoss AS WTP server adapter removes deployment module"

henk de boer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 18 18:07:11 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "JBoss AS WTP server adapter removes deployment module":

http://community.jboss.org/message/527150#527150

Author  : henk de boer
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/henk53

Message:
> mailto:max.andersen at jboss.com wrote:
>
> > henk53 wrote:
> >
> > I had the same thing happening and I most definitely did not click on any "Make Deployable" command (which is btw a very handy function  but that aside).
> >
> If you can show me how you got lines added to that file you found in .metadata without using Make Deployable (or use the Seam Wizard which does it automatically for the -ds.xml) I'll buy you a beer!

Well, it was the TS (Jan) who found the entry in that file. I personally never noticed that file, but did notice that the file I just saved was made a top level deployable artifact once. I'm willing to accept that I might have made a wrong click somewhere, but if I do find how to reproduce this I'll keep you to your promise

> This a very different issue and much more serious.
> If you can in anyway give us a way to reproduce this then that will be great - I've used the deployment for years and never seen this myself (but I have seen other reports about it, but we just never been able to reproduce it in any form ;(
>
> I would really like to have a reproducable example!

To be able to learn for my self and to assist my team members in how to possibly prevent this from occurring I've been trying to reproduce this my self, but so far have been unsuccessful. The only thing I can really contribute is telling that it happened multiple times in just a few weeks and on very different machines. The OS X one is a fairly modest C1D 2Ghz/1.5GB, while the Ubuntu machine is a 2.66Ghz Quad core Nehalem (8 virtual cores) with an Intel X25-M SSD. At first I thought maybe the many virtual cores of the Ubuntu machine were to blame, or some race condition with the SSD, but then it also happened on my old OS X machine.

If I do find anything I'll post it here right away.