[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Proper use of hql activity"

Peter Swartwout do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 19 16:26:00 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Proper use of hql activity":

http://community.jboss.org/message/527371#527371

Author  : Peter Swartwout
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/spincycle

Message:
Hi,

I'm learning jBPM and I am intrigued by the <hql> element because it allows me direct access to the hibernate session and jbpm data model. But wouldn't this lock me into the current release of jBPM? i.e. in a later release the developers decide to change a column name or even eliminate a whole table then I can't upgrade without changing my code.

Maybe most people consider themselves locked into a particular release anyway but I wonder if anyone else has any thoughts.

I'm on 4.3 currently.