[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0 Development] New message: "Default remove timeout"

Pete Muir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 20 12:38:31 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Default remove timeout":

http://community.jboss.org/message/527452#527452

Author  : Pete Muir
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/petemuir

Message:
I got Martin to do a bit more digging around EJB removal timeout to try and establish what the default removal timeout is on JBoss AS.

The issue is that, as Weld uses the http session to back both the session and conversation context, if the backing for the EJB is a session object, then if the EJB is removed in less time than the http session, users get an exception when Weld responds to the http session timing out and tries to remove the EJB.

Of course, we can work around this by recommending users to increase the EJB removal timeout. But for a good ootb experience on JBoss AS I think we need align this by default.

If we don't want to change the default for EJB, an option would be to use the Weld deployer to check the EJB metadata. If the default timeout isn't set, we could add something that was longer than the session timeout.

WDYT?