[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "[Jbpm 4.3] Task status constants"

Michele Mauro do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 22 05:41:33 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "[Jbpm 4.3] Task status constants":

http://community.jboss.org/message/527562#527562

Author  : Michele Mauro
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/MicheleMauro

Message:
Hi all!

In org.jbpm.api.task.Task you can find three constants, STATE_COMPLETED, STATE_OPEN, STATE_SUSPENDED.

Their names suggest some relation to the task status, but no api seems to exists to query such value. I'll also add that the documentation for 'STATE_SUSPENDED' is questionable: it says " task doesn't show up in task lists as something is wrong   with the related process instance that requires manual   intervention first", but I guess there are plenty use cases where makes perfectly sense to suspend a task. I can suggest a few, if necessary.

Are these values leftovers from a refactoring or stubs for a feature not yet implemented?

I'll vote for the latter, if possible :-)

Thanks in advance,

Michele Mauro