[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] New message: "Re: Port already in use: 1098 - URGENT"

Sashi Kanth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 22 12:19:00 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Port already in use: 1098 - URGENT":

http://community.jboss.org/message/527671#527671

Author  : Sashi Kanth
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/rockey007

Message:
Ya I tried checking whether JBoss is still running. I made sure no server instance is still running. I tried with checking TCPView but nothing helped out. There was no process is binding this port. After completely stopping JBoss from my IDE I ran another instance from JBoss dump which is from originally downloaded long back. Even that standalone running complained saying 1098 port is already taken by some other process. Finally I had to delete my server, delete the backup dump, clean registry, disable my jBoss service, clean everything what ever that had info on jBoss, search and delete registry, totally get rid of jBoss from my system, download a fresh copy again and ran the server. Now its working normally like before.

I think this is not a feasible solution but this how I got rid of that port bind message. Since I'm using jBoss as standalone server in my local dev box deleting is not going to be a big problem but definitely not a correct solution. I had to spend time again on creating my dev environment. There was no definite answer in the web. Not my co-developers had the same solutions. When I sent mail across team most of them replied saying they had this problem, surprisingly everybody had their way of solving and any one of their solution helped me. Well, this is how this problem solved but there must be something else is happening for jBoss preferred ports binding.