[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] New message: "Re: [6.0.0M2] EJB Implementation Class for EJB XXX was not specified"

jaikiran pai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 23 07:06:59 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "[6.0.0M2] EJB Implementation Class for EJB XXX was not specified":

http://community.jboss.org/message/527880#527880

Author  : jaikiran pai
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jaikiran

Message:
Thanks for reformatting that xml content in your post.

I remember there was a issue/discussion where overriding the "name" of a bean through the "name" attribute of @Stateless/@Stateful would result in duplicate incorrect metadata being created, which ultimately would result in this kind of exception. Let me try and find that discussion.

In the meantime, to confirm that it's the same issue, remove the name attribute from your @Stateless annotation and also update your jboss.xml to refer to "HorseRacingBean" instead of "HorseRacing" as the ejb-name.