[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] New message: "Re: Port already in use: 1098 - URGENT"

Sashi Kanth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 23 11:47:55 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Port already in use: 1098 - URGENT":

http://community.jboss.org/message/527971#527971

Author  : Sashi Kanth
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/rockey007

Message:
Yes Scott

You are right. The reason could be A. I tried checking using netstat as explained Zachary also other tools like TCPView, fPort etc... None of those tools showed that some process is binding port *1098*. It's not just about that port, if I go jboss-5.1.0.GA\server\default\conf\bindingservice.beans\META-INF and change the *bindings-jboss-beans.xml* file's rmiPort from 1098 to *11098* or any other random number and  then start the jBoss, the server says that port *11098 (*or what ever the new number is) already bound by another process. So that mean JBoss actually not complaning on port 1098. Something else went wrong which complains required port is already bound.

I thought rebooting OS would solve my problem. But no, I tried rebooting for around 10 times for every change I did against the server. As I said there wasn't any definite answer for this, across web everyone has their own way of solving this problem. Thanks to all for your tips those are valuable.