[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Linking sub processes to parent processes through SQL"

Simon Clerck do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 24 08:19:00 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Linking sub processes to parent processes through SQL":

http://community.jboss.org/message/528178#528178

Author  : Simon Clerck
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/sclerck

Message:
Hi,
Apologies if this has been discussed before.
Through SQL, we are trying to resolve the historical path of a particular process instance.
The problem is that the process definition includes the use of sub processes.
So, ideally, we would like to retrieve something like this:
- Start
- Sub process - action 1
- Main process - action 2
- End

But in the tables JBPM4_HIST_ACTINST and JBPM4_HIST_PROCINST, I can't find a way to link the sub process to its parent.

I thought the column KEY_ in JBPM4_HIST_PROCINST might be useful, but for subprocesses these are set to NULL.

Can someone please let me know if this is possible?

Thanks,
Simon