[jboss-user] [JCA Development] New message: "Standalone JCA: JNDI binding for multiple connection factories..."

Scott Marlow do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 24 19:48:41 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Standalone JCA: JNDI binding for multiple connection factories...":

http://community.jboss.org/message/528344#528344

Author  : Scott Marlow
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/smarlow@redhat.com

Message:
RADeployer needs to deal with outbound resource adapters that have multiple connection factories (each of which should be bound to JNDI).

For the JNDI binding, if the connection factory is a javax.resource.Referenceable, we will bind a javax.naming.Reference to JNDI.  The Reference represents the CF along with javax.naming.StringRefAddr values that contain configuration settings.  This is currently working in jboss-jca/trunk with a simple single CF design.  This note is about expanding our support to cover binding multiple CFs to jndi and other gap filling.

I assume that we need to handle JNDI binding connection factories that are serializable but don't implement Referenceable.  If anyone knows otherwise, please speak up.  For the serializable case, we will bind the CF directly to JNDI.

In either case, we will bind the CF under the jndi-name either specified in configuration or derived  from the resource adapter name (minus the ".rar").  We should look at any current JNDI naming conventions that might make sense to preserve.  It seems important to me that we bind under the expected name that applications will later use.

At the very least, we should log (INFO level) the full jndi name that each CF is bound to.  I also propose that we consider a logging configuration that controls what is logged/monitored in jboss-jca (e.g. whether to log jndi names,  datasource/cci operations, enable debug wrappers).  I'll write more about this if others like this idea.

Comments?