[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: Advice regarding complex proccess modeling"

Dan Mihai Ile do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 25 05:51:33 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Advice regarding complex proccess modeling":

http://community.jboss.org/message/528410#528410

Author  : Dan Mihai Ile
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/mihai007

Message:
any idea about how to be notified when a subtask ends?
I mean I define a task in process xml, then an assignment handler for the task. There I set assignee as null and create 2 subtasks each assigned to a different user.

When the users complete the subtask I would like to be notified so that I could close the main task and so the process goes on.
In xml is easy, I just do:
<on event="end">
  <event-listener class="ABC" />
</on>

But how can I add such an event to a subtask that was created during run-time?

P.S: having a timer to check endlessly for subtasks end does not count as it is not a viable solution.

Oh and using the jbpm 4.3 with the solution presented by http://community.jboss.org/people/saraswati.santanu to create the sub tasks