[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] New message: "Re: How do I enable pass-by-reference for EJB3 in JBoss AS container?"

Jerry Simone do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 25 10:16:02 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "How do I enable pass-by-reference for EJB3 in JBoss AS container?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/528518#528518

Author  : Jerry Simone
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jlsimone

Message:
Hmmm, I am so new to JBoss that I am not in the position to question the knowledge and experience of those who have been around and involved much longer than I. Never the less, I have a couple more questions. I am hoping against hope that I can get JBoss to do what WebSphere is doing for me.

I read a post at this link http://www.theserverside.com/discussions/thread.tss?thread_id=24905 that said, "JBoss automatically knows when you are accessing an EJB in the same container, even if you use Remote interfaces. Thus, it passes by reference instead of by value, offering the performance advantage of Local interfaces." Now, it is important to point out that this post was from April, 2004, a long time ago. Was this statement ever true, and if so, is it still true?

In addition, somehow I found my way to the org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor class. This class strongly suggests that the quote from the post, above, may be true. I have been trying to figure out if or how or when this InvokerInterceptor might be used and how it might behave in my circumstances. Is the InvokerInterceptor ever used at all in JBoss? Does JBoss need to be configured in order to use it?